No purchase or entry fee is necessary.
1. The contest is open to all legal Mississippi hunters. Certain prizes require contestants to be above a certain age (determined by nature of prize and/or sponsor).
2. All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents, owners and affiliates of New South Radio, Inc., dba WUSJ (US96), WHJT (93-5 The Legend), WJKK 98-7), WYOY (101-7), WIIN (93-1) and The Radio People (“STATION”) and its fellow sponsors of this contest, their immediate families, and household members of all of the above.
3. The contest will begin on October 1st, 2020 and run through January 31, 2021. The contest may be entered by any legal hunter whose harvest was killed within the state of Mississippi by legal means. No deer killed outside of the state of Mississippi is eligible. Any entries for the youth category that are questionable due to the ability of the child to aim and shoot a weapon without adult help will be disqualified at the sponsors’ discretion.
4. To enter the contest, individuals must have their whitetail deer scored at official “Station” scoring locations: Hometown Hardware – 1085 Highway 49, Flora, MS; 601-879-0402 AGUP – 324 Hwy. 80 W., Bolton, MS; 601-866-2233 AGUP – 160 Commerce Park Drive, Canton, MS; 601-856-4136 AGUP – 3304 Simpson Hwy 49, Mendenhall, MS; 601-8/47-3844 AGUP – 401 Country Place Pkwy, Pearl, MS; 601-724-2860 AGUP – 441 Haley Barbour Pkwy, Yazoo City, MS; 662-746-6208
5. The contest may be entered by any legal hunter whose harvest was killed within the state of Mississippi by legal means. No deer killed outside the state of Mississippi is eligible. Participating scoring locations must use an official “Station” entry sheet. Only green gross scores will be used for scoring for this contest. Anyone wanting to enter our contest can submit a green gross score from an official Boone & Crockett or Pope & Young scorer. Their official Boone & Crockett or Pope & Young score sheet has to be submitted, along with our official entry forms, at one of our scoring locations and/or electronically. Their green gross scoring sheet signed by an official Boone & Crockett or Pope & Young scorer will constitute their final score for entry in the “Stations” Big Buck Bounty.
6. Prizes will be awarded based on GREEN GROSS Boone and Crockett scoring standards segmented by typical & non-typical. Prizes will be awarded to the top scoring entry in the following classes: Typical Men’s, Women’s, and Youth; Non-Typical Men’s, Women’s, and Youth; Typical Archery and Non-Typical Archery, Typical Crossbow and Non- Typical Crossbow. Categories may be amended as needed. Prizes will be announced after January 31, 2021 on the websites and on-air. *NOTE: Youth Classes are determined as children under the age of 16 (15 years of age and under) at the time of harvest who do not require a Mississippi Hunting license. Scoring for the contest will be unofficial Green scoring only for the preliminary scoring of this contest. Final scoring will be conducted using Boone & Crockett scoring standards but will not be on record or file for any purpose other than this contest.
7. All State, local, Federal and/or other taxes, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win prize/prizes valued at or over $600 will be issued an IRS form 1099 to report their winnings and will be given a W-9 for completion at the time of winning.
8. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Gifts are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged unless otherwise noted.
9. New South Radio, Inc., dba The Radio People (“Stations”) WUSJ (US96), WHJT (93-5 The Legend), WJKK (98-7), WYOY (101-7) and WIIN (93-1) shall not be responsible for the terms and conditions or failure of participating sponsors to deliver prizes as promised.
10. All entrants and winners agree that New South Radio, Inc., dba The Radio People, Inc. (“Stations”) WHJT (93-5), WUSJ (US96), WJKK (98-7), WYOY (101-7), WIIN (93-1) their employees, owners, successors and assigns and the listed contest sponsors shall have no liability and shall be held harmless for any injury, misfortune, loss, claim, expense or damage to either persons or property as a result of entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest or by the use or non-use of any prize received.
11. All final category prizes must be claimed by March 31, 2021 at 265 Highpoint Drive, Ridgeland, MS 39157 or in person at the appropriate sponsor location during their regular business hours if the prize is a firearm. After such time, ownership of the said prize reverts back to the contest sponsor to be disposed of at their discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
12. All firearm prizes are subject to prevailing local, state and national gun control laws. If the winner of a firearm is disqualified or illegally prohibited from owning a firearm, the prize is forfeited. There will be no substitution.
13. Proper identification must be presented to claim prize. Winners will be asked to fill out a Winner’s Affidavit and Release.
14. All entry blanks, forms devices and materials, as well as all the information contained on or within, gathered during the course of entry, shall become the sole property of the station or the appropriate contest sponsor to be used, disposed of or destroyed at the discretion of the sponsor.
15. All entrants and winners agree that New South Radio, Inc., dba The Radio People, Inc. (“Stations”) WHJT (93-5), WUSJ (US96), WJKK (98-7), WYOY (101.7), WIIN (93-1) and the sponsors may broadcast or publish or post on the internet their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including their picture, voice (recorded or live), for any reason the sponsor deems necessary without compensation. All entrants further agree to hold the station and/or sponsors harmless and without liability for such publication, broadcast or use.
16. The sponsors reserve the right to end a contest at any time without any advance notice to the public.
17. The stations/sponsors reserve the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
18. Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for the contest stations/sponsors to disqualify the individual from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of the stations/sponsors, as well as forfeiture of any prize or prizes won by fraudulent means. Stations/sponsors reserve the right to administer a polygraph to any entrant.
19. All entry forms must be completely and legibly filled out or the entry form could be disqualified.
20. Stations/sponsors reserve the right to amend the rules of the contest as they deem fit and in the interest of the contest.
21. In all instances, decisions of the stations/sponsors are final.
401 Country Place Pkwy
Pearl, MS 39208
324 Hwy. 80 W.,
160 Commerce Park Drive,
3304 Simpson Hwy 49,
441 Haley Barbour Pkwy,
Yazoo City, MS
1085 US 49
Flora, MS 39071